Tuesday 19 February 2013

Manicure


Everyone does their manicure different, these are my suggestions.

  1. Remove all old nail polish.  
  2. File nails to preferred length.  There are so many different ways to shape your nails, do what looks best on you.
  3. I use a cuticle remover because I am not a fan of cutting my cuticles (unless I have a hang nail.)  Gently push back your cuticles with a orange stick or a metal cuticle pusher.
  4. Use a soft nail brush and warm soppy water to remove all the cuticle remover and dust from filing your nail, then dry thoroughly.
  5. It is best to use a base coat so the nail polish doesn't stain your nails.  Base coat also helps to adhere the polish to your nails.  There are a ton of base coats, I like OPI Nail Envy.
  6. FINALLY the colour.  Apply a polish that makes you happy.  Usually I do 2 coats to achieve the opaqueness I like, sometimes more is needed and sometimes less.
  7. Remove all nail polish from cuticles or anywhere else you messed up...we all do it!  I find the easiest way to do that is with acetone and an angled make-up brush or Q-tip.  You can also buy corrector pens to remove excess polish.  Whatever you choose that works best for you.
  8. Last but not least the top coat.  There are many out there, but my all time favourite is Seche Vite.  Fast drying and shiny as glass.  I don't think it can be beat.
  9. One more tip is cuticle oil.  I use it frequently and the best time to apply it is before bed along with some moisturiser.  

Treat yourself to a home manicure, you can save yourself some money by doing it yourself or get together with a friend and do each others!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I would like to open beauty salon. Does anybody have an experience in this business? There are too many options in different salon equipment. Could anybody give me an advise? What store is more reliable to buy Microdermabrasion at home cheap and Ultrasound devices for home use in USA. I'm choosing between Advance-esthetic.com and Advance-esthetic.us websites.

    ReplyDelete